Friday, October 9, 2009

Checking in...

Since school started things around here have been in high gear. This week especially has been a CRAZY one, but nothing a few meds and trips to the doctor can't fix (more on that later). The kids are great, Cambry had her 15 month appt and is right at the 50th percentile, 23 lbs. and 30 in. tall. She's perfectly healthy and had a hearty dose of immunizations plus her flu shot. She's growing and changing daily and has been so much fun, independent and strong-willed, but a joy!!! Colten's great, we've been G.I. Joe buddies most afternoons while Cambry is napping, and personally I feel I'm becoming quite the pro...take a look.
Sorting out the good and bad guys

Mommy's "good guy" team (not bad, huh?)

Colten's bad guys...ready for action


Colten, of course, could play for hours upon hours. But mommy, only has about one a day in her. He definitely has quite the imagination.
A few bath time pics...

Cambry's wild hair (courtesy of Daddy)
15 months already, boy the time has flown by!!!


So...onto our week. I started the week with minor pain in my tooth and jaw. It got progressively worse and I went in for x-rays Wednesday and discovered that I indeed needed not one, but TWO root canals, oh joy!!! So, I have been taking antibiotics to clear the infection, but the pain only worsened from there. Wednesday night was miserable and I could do nothing to ease the pain. Luckily our fabulous dentist quickly called a pain medication in for me the next morning. Well, with that the pain subsided immensely, but on came extreme nausea which has left me in bed for practically 24 hours. Only now am I feeling "normal" again with slight tooth pain, hopefully the antibiotics are kicking in. My root canals are scheduled for next Wednesday, but Monday Colten is having his tubes surgically removed. Not anything major, just another medical "experience" for our household. And after that...maybe normality can return??

We are taking Colten to his first Aggie game tomorrow and can't wait!!! Have a great weekend everyone and Gig 'Em!!!

1 comment:

Chera said...

I just saw this! So sorry you had a rough week. We loved having Cambry with us today...she is a sweetie!!

Love y'all!