Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years and Christmas in Llano

We spent New Years eve and day in Llano this year. We had not celebrated Christmas with my family, so it worked out that we could all meet over New Years to celebrate. We headed up to "the ranch" on New Years eve. My parents and aunt and uncle had a double wedding (a few short years ago) and the 31st is their anniversary, so we got there in time for a little celebration. Shoretly afer, they headed out for their annual dinner and movie night to celebrate together, I love it!!! My sister's family and our family headed out to eat ourselves, then back to the ranch for fireworks and ringing in the new year with the kiddos...

the big sparklers were a hit

the boys being boys



Cambry jumped right into the action, she held her own sparkler and wasn't afraid of any of the loud ones

I wish I had gotten a few more shots, but the BIG boys decided it would be funny to light black cats and throw them at Chera and me. So we ended up running for our lives and trying to not get hit...so funny boys, ha!!!

We exchanged gifts New Years morning with my family which is always highly anticipated and so much fun!!!

the cousins before opening presents



with Oni and Granden

what a twosome...

pulling out goodies in his stocking

a book for Cambry

a cow from Aunt Chera, Uncle Ricky, Kalyn and Sheldon

an army base and guys from Oni and Granden

her very own washer and ironing board...so proud of it!!!

the boys as Duke from G.I. Joe

New Years is also my Grandfather's birthday, my dad's father. We had a birthday lunch and exchanged gifts with his side. The next day, my mom's side of the family brought gifts for the kiddos.

helping open one more gift


My cousin Kristi had made sugar cookies for the kids to decorate, boy did they love it!!!
just a little icing...
These two are best buds, they get along great, but they definetly have their moments. They, of course, rough house and at one point each had gotten hurt by the other. After a little cooling off period, Caleb asked Colten if he and Sheldon were friends again, Colten said "yeah, we're friends daddy, but he's still a little mad at me." They are a hoot together!!!
We had a great time with LOTS of family and FUN!!! I guess our holidays are officially over, what a memorable Christmas season!!! A ton of excitement and a little exhausting at the same time....


1 comment:

Chera said...

Well said!! It was all so fun...just wish we hadn't gotten sick!! I love the way you used the last pic...cute! Love y'all!